Romans 15:4 (New International Version, ©2011) "For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope".

Monday, May 17, 2010

A Word Of Hope about.....HOPE

1 Peter 3:15b “….. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.”

This verse says to always be prepared to share the reason for our hope. This scripture is special to me, because it is the verse that someone once prayed over me the first time I realized God had a calling on my life to become a Biblical Counselor. I knew that this verse summarized what I would be doing as I walked alongside those I counsel, disciple, and mentor.
Thus, the name of the counseling ministry God has called me to: “Word Of Hope Ministries”.
I have a new goal for the ministry and use of this blog. I plan to post “A Word Of Hope” about a variety of topics pertaining to life’s struggles. I will post as I write them (bear with me as I develop a new routine of posting more often, Lord willing!). This first post is to kick it off, and I hope you will check back often for future posts on a variety of topics such as “A Word Of Hope about…..depression, anxiety, fear, worry, eating disorders, anger, forgiveness, marriage struggles, relationships, parenting, mental illness, spiritual growth, understanding God’s Word, and many many others!

To get this new series started, here are just a few ‘reasons for the hope that I have’!!!!..........

*He is MIGHTY TO SAVE. (Zeph. 3:17)
*He expressed His love for me in that while I was still a sinner, He died for me. He died for you, too. (Rom. 5:8)
*God will never change. I can fully trust Him because He will not act contrary to His character or Word. (Heb. 13:8)
*He always keeps His promises. ALL of them – some in principle and others specifically designed for us in our times. (Deut. 7:9)
*He is faithful to finish what He starts. Including in me. (Phil. 1:6)
*He will only allow what He knows I need and can handle with His help. (1 Cor. 10:13)
*My eternity is secure, so what have I to fear? (Deut. 31:8)
*He sets up kings and kingdoms, and also dethrones them as He sees fit. (Daniel)
*He is always sovereign. Always. SOVEREIGN. (the entire Bible!)
*He knows my heart is deceitful and desperately wicked, and yet He still loves me. (Jer. 17:9)
*His love for me never changes based on what I do or don’t do. (Ps. 107:31)
*He lifts me up – when I am weak, He is strong. (2 Cor. 12:10)
*I have the Holy Spirit in me. I can rely on Him, and not myself, because I am so unreliable on my own! (Luke 3:16)
*He can move mountains. (Matt. 17:20)
*No one can snatch me out of God’s hands. I am perfectly safe, always. (Heb. 13:5)
*It is for freedom that He set me free. My chains are gone! (Gal. 5:1)
*He is preparing a place for me. (John 14:3)
*All prophecy either has come true or will come true. (Rev. 22:7)
*God’s Word is alive in me. It pierces me just when I need it. (Heb. 4:12)
*God’s Word works. (the entire Bible!)
*With God on my side, who can be against me? (Rom. 8:31)
*Victory has already been won. (1 John 5:4)
*I can do all things through Christ Who gives me strength. (Phil 4:13)
*He gives and takes away, and either way, I can say ‘blessed be the name of the Lord’. (Job)

What would YOU add to this list???? It’s a great attitude adjuster to focus on our hope. Take a little time to consider the reason for YOUR hope today!

Feel free to leave comments – I’d love to read them!!

1 comment:

  1. Great reminders, Ellen. Ephesians 2:10 is another scripture that gives me hope. It tells me that in Christ I am God's creation and He has specific work planned for me to do: "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (NIV) In fact, the work was already planned before I ever came to Him. He wants to use me for His glory. Very cool! Love you, Ellen and thanks for this blog.

    ReplyDelete